Swanson Reed is an international R&D tax and innovation specialist advisory firm. We are currently recruiting a financial assistant who will assist us with preparing global R&D claims, costings, and making sure the numbers add up.
The position will begin with probationary training locally within Toronto for 3 months, followed by a 2 year transfer to our Central London office in Trafalgar Square U.K.
Swanson Reed is looking for a financial/admin assistant to support our team in the UK. The position will begin with probationary training locally within the candidate’s town for 3 months, followed by a 2 year transfer to our Central London office in the U.K.
The job will consist of:
- Assist in the identification, analysis, and submission of eligible R&D expenses as part of the R&D Tax Credit claim
- Liaise with clients from a wide array industries to gather relevant information related to eligible expenditures
- Engage in preparation of costings, invoices, and other financial information
- Assist in educating accountants through webinars, workshops, and other marketing materials
- Admin support
- Project management
- Assistance with the development of R&D plans
- Keeping up-to-date knowledge on the R&D tax credit
- Other tasks as required
You will receive on the job training and guided until you are fully competent.
Competitive salary and Swanson Reed will cover the cost of the visa application and flight to London U.K.
A completed degree in science or business.
In order to have a right to live and work in the UK, applicants for position must have one of the following:
- Canadian citizens and under 30 years of age;
- Have a grandparent or parent that was born in the UK
- Hold or be eligible for passport within the UK or European Union
One year’s work experience in a professional firm in business, accounting or law is preferred.
A self-starter with an inquisitive mind who demonstrates a committed and flexible approach will excel in this role.
This role is part time, up to 20 hours per week.
The pay rate is £20 per hour.