Successful candidates will be contacted. No phone calls or emails please!
Swanson Reed one of the world’s leading specialist R&D tax and innovation advisory firms. We service a diverse range of clients from technology start-ups to billion dollar Government Owned Corporations in the commercial aspects of research, development, management and technology transfer.
An exciting opportunity exists to utilise your writing, editing and proofreading skills on a full range of technical documents. Your responsibilities will include:
- Interview production and engineering personnel.
- Read journals and other material to become familiar with product technologies and production methods.
- Observe production, developmental, and experimental activities to determine operating procedure and detail.
- Assist in laying out material for publication.
- Analyze developments in specific field to determine need for revisions in previously published materials and development of new material.
- Utilize an established outline and source material to finalize documents and make the report flow correctly with the raw data and results from engineers.
- You will also be expected to take a raw copy of a document, format, and organize the document. Reports can include global practice newsletters, client reports, technical/white papers, speeches, presentations and business documents.
- Communicate edited changes to engineers and managers.
- Work with many similar writers and the chief editor in a team.
Trafalgar Square office, London
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree or diploma in Business Writing, Journalism or Science.
- 1+ years experience working with technical documents is desirable.
A self-starter with an inquisitive mind who demonstrates a committed and flexible approach complemented by exceptional relationship management skills will excel in this role.
This role is part time, up to 20 hours per week.